At Mitchell Metals, we take pride in helping building owners create attractive exterior canopies for their churches, schools, apartments, businesses and more. One of the questions we’re asked most often is how many customization options are available for canopies? The good news is that there are ways to make your entrance canopy, walkway canopy or cantilevered canopy more attractive.
Customization Options for Overhead, Walkway and Cantilevered Canopies
Every canopy we construct uses our standard system so that they are functional. However, additional architectural features can be added to create a custom look. Some of the options include:
- Fascia angles — The addition of fascia angles to your canopy gives it a taller and more complex profile as opposed to the standard gutter and fascia shapes.
- Additional framing members — Adding additional framing members, such as lineal beams or extra support braces, may add more cost to the project but will yield a more architectural look.
- Polycarbonate panel decking — Substitute standard extruded aluminum decking for polycarbonate panel decking for a unique look. The polycarbonate is translucent, which allows light to pass through it.
- Use complementary colors — Different parts of the canopy system can have different colors in order to give it a unique look that fits your business. One of our more popular combinations is to mix bronze and white, or a color with silver.
- Choose decorative trusses — Decorative trusses can be added to canopy systems to give them an industrial look. Trusses are not structural fixtures so they can be easily added and the cost of doing so is low.
We work with clients across multiple different verticals to create custom canopies that perfectly accentuate their buildings and businesses. Use these customization options to turn a plain, structural component into an aesthetically pleasing extension of your brand.
If you’re ready to discuss erecting a canopy with custom features, get in touch with our team. We’re located in Smyrna, Georgia, and are qualified to help you with every aspect of your canopy construction, from design through the final installation. Contact us today for more information or to get started today.